The Outdoor Learning Store is a social enterprise that offers outdoor learning equipment and resources for educators and learners while supporting outdoor learning non-profit organizations. All proceeds go back to outdoor learning non-profits and initiatives with a focus on ethical policies and practices.
The Outdoor Learning Store supports outdoor learning through:
- providing seasonal free professional development virtual workshops
- Spring TIPS that help educators embed outdoor learning into their practice.
- Recordings of prior workshops for anyone who missed the live sessions.
- hosting an entertaining and informative podcast, Earthy Chats, created in collaboration with Green Teacher, Columbia Basin Environmental Education Network, and Stoked On Science and a place where creators and authors share their inspiration, and detail their work and the pathway to where they are today.
- offering free customized webinars for organizations or school boards/districts to help share the possibilities of outdoor learning in their setting.
- connecting to and uplifting Indigenous perspectives and voices through Indigenous Learning opportunities.
While developing the store , they have also developed a close-knit network of over seventy partners and advisors that work together to uplift each other’s voices in the outdoor and environmental education sphere. If you need support or resources in a field that the Outdoor Learning Store partner page is a great place to dive in.
Hoping to be a one stop shop for outdoor learning, catering to educators of all ages, they offer places and spaces across five key themes:
- Curriculum Connections,
- Getting Outdoors,
- Indigenous Learning,
- Nature and Ecosystems,
- Climate and Sustainability.
Resources are also organized by season, type, age level and region.
School Garden Resources
Here are a few excellent resources and tools for your learning community:
- The School Garden Curriculum: An Integrated K-8 Guide
- Soil Study and Inquiry Kit
- Soil Study and Inquiry Book Set
- FoodCycler for Schools
- Braiding Sweetgrass for Young Adults
The global pandemic enhanced the need for fresh air and a fresh approach to learning. Research and experience showed that tools, resources (pedagogical, activity based), and equipment can help remove barriers for teachers to take learning outside. The Outdoor Learning Store has collated ideas on funding opportunities to help support you in accessing resources.
The Outdoor Learning Store hopes to provide educators with the tools and resources to facilitate outdoor learning in the easiest and most enjoyable way possible.
Want to know more?
For more information, bulk orders, or to arrange custom workshops for your organization, please email Jade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you Outdoor Learning Store for donating to the Maine School Garden Day Raffle!