We share stories of the challenges, successes and dreams of school gardens in our School Garden of the Month series in our monthly newsletter. Inquiring minds want to know how a school garden got started, what kind of funding they received as well as their hopes for the future. Our profiles include new school gardens as well as those that have been evolving for decades. We hope these profiles inspire you!
Although these profiles can be recent or from the past, each tells a story that includes the people behind the project, the support they received, the challenges they faced, the things they accomplished and their wishes for the future. There is always a next step!
We are always looking for school gardens to profile in our monthly newsletter. If your school garden is interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Thank you Fedco Seeds for providing a gift for our School Gardens of the Month!
School Garden of the Month Profiles
- Berwick Academy Campus Garden
- Central School Outdoor Classroom
- Etna Dixmont School Garden
- Old Town Elementary The Learning Garden
- Sedgwick Elementary School Good Foods
- RSU 22 School Orchard and Garden
- Oceanside Middle School Community Garden
- Edna Drinkwater School
- Mt Ararat High School
- Camden Hills Regional High School
- Kingfield Elementary School
- YMCA Camp of Maine
- Damariscotta Montessori School
- Cascade Brooks Elementary School
- Gorham Middle School
- Fryeburg Academy
- Robert V. Connors Elementary School
- Traip Greenhouse and Garden
- Bonny Eagle Middle School
- Jonesport Beals High School
- Mount Desert Elementary School (MDES)
- Troy Howard Middle School Garden Project
- Manchester Learning Gardens
- Albert S. Hall School Garden