Interested In Hosting?
Are you interested in hosting Maine School Garden Day 2024 at your school? If so, please contact Rachel Solomon, Program Organizer, at email@example.com for more information. Thank you!
About Maine School Garden Day
Since 2005, the Maine School Garden Network has offered the Maine School Garden Day event to provide topic specific workshops, garden tours, networking opportunities and more for school garden volunteers, coordinators and educators! Interested educators can obtain CEU’s for participation in the event upon request.
In an effort to be accessible to educators around the state, Maine School Garden Day is held in a different location each year.
Past locations include:
During 2021 as a result of the pandemic, the in-person event was presented as a series of five webinars. Recorded using Zoom, these webinars are available on our YouTube channel.
The 2021 Maine School Garden Days webinars include:
- Jumpstart Your Garden includes Summer maintenance and a tour of the East End school garden.
- Planning Ahead: Back to School Gardens and Nutrition Education Connections include how to set up your space for low summer maintenance and be ready to roll in September, a garden tour at the Alfond Youth and Community Center plus a presentation on nutrition connections.
- Taste Test and Harvest of the Month includes connections between the school garden, taste tests, and Maine’s Harvest of the Month program with a tour of RSU 22 school gardens.
- Connecting School Gardens to Classrooms and Cafeteria presented by Falmouth Schools showcases the connection between the school orchard, gardens, classrooms and cafeteria including a food demo, tour of the school garden plus a presentation by Maine Agriculture in the Classroom to showcase resources, lessons and programs.
- Building Long-term Support: School Boards, Administrators, Public Panel focused on ways to build long-term support for your garden and farm to school programming.
Sponsorship Opportunity Available
If you or your business are interested in sponsoring Maine School Garden Day, please contact Susan Joy Sager, Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.