We invite you to join one of our committees! Although committees will be chaired by members of the Board of Directors, committee membership may be appointed by the chairperson from the general membership and may include persons from the general public. Time commitment varies by committee and need.
Current committees include:
- Annual Meeting Committee. Works with the Program Organizer to plan the Annual Meeting including drafting Annual Report, securing a location, designing a program, soliciting speakers, and attending the event.
- Common Ground Fair Committee. Coordinates with MOFGA to have a booth display and staff it at the annual fair and/or present a talk or program as needed.
- Finance Committee. Works with the Treasurer and Coordinator to oversee the annual budget plus fundraising activities such as Annual Appeal and grants.
- Maine School Garden Day Committee. Works with the Program Organizer to plan this annual event including securing a location, school garden tour plus the program.
- Staffing Committee. Conducts hiring processes for new paid staff as needed.
- Strategic Planning Committee. Updates and monitors strategic plan as necessary.
- Other committees are formed on an as needed basis.